Do I need a permit to have an outdoor fire?

Yes. Please download and fill out the Outdoor Recreational Fire permit form. A site inspection will be required and the Ruston Fire Department will approve the permit. You may drop off this form in person at City Hall 5117 N Winnifred Street or send it via email to


Visit the Fire Department Page for additional contact information.

Close window