FAQ Topic: Business

Questions about Business and Occupation (B&O) Taxes?

Many Cities impose a local Business & Occupation  (B&O) tax. This tax is in addition to the B&O tax imposed by the State of Washington. The Department of Revenue does not administer or collect local Business & Occupation taxes. The City of Ruston requires business to submit B&O taxes quarterly, even if the amount owed … Continued

How do I file for a liquor license?

A liquor license is an endorsement on your Business License issued by the Washington State Department of Revenue (DOR) Business Licensing Service. You must complete the Business License Application even if you already have a Business License, along with a Liquor and Cannabis Board Addendum. Visit the website for the application here

What are the city dog ordinances?

Visit the Ruston Municipal Code under chapter 7.01 which details all of the codes pertaining to the safety and owner requirements of dogs.

How do I report a housing code violation?

Code enforcement requests can be reported using the form on the Code Enforcement page under departments. This form is a web form and you will need the site address of the code violation. Visit the City’s map here for site addresses.  

How do I pay my Business and Occupation taxes?

You can drop off a payment into the City’s dropbox or send it by mail. Make check payments out to the City of Ruston and send your B&O Tax form and payment to 5219 N Shirley Street Ruston WA 98407. For more information about B&O Taxes and deadlines visit the City Clerk page.

Does the city require a business license?

The City of Ruston requires all businesses conducting business in the city limits obtain a business licence. We has enrolled into the Washington State Department of Revenue’s Business Licensing Services (BLS). To apply for  a business license of renew your license,  contact the Department of Revenue (DOR)  by visiting their website and completing a City … Continued

Close window