FAQ Topic: Payments & taxes

What are the City’s electrical rates?

The City of Ruston purchases power from our neighbor Tacoma Power. When Tacoma Power increases electrical rates, the City of Ruston increases its electrical rates. Residential/Commercial customer’s base rate is $24.25. Low-income disabled and low-income senior customer base rate is $19.74. Effective March 21, 2023, the City of Ruston’s residential/commercial rate is $0.1114 per kWh … Continued

How do I pay my PT RUSTON parking ticket?

Tickets from Pt Ruston Waterfront parking garage are not issued by the city of Ruston.  To pay a Pt Ruston Public Parking ticket Please call Republic Parking with any questions: 253.627.4401

How do I pay my parking/traffic ticket?

The City of Ruston contracts court services through the City of Fircrest. When paying a ticket or court fine, Fircrest/Ruston Municipal Court has many options: Pay online or over the phone via credit or debit card (service fee):PAY TICKET NOWor call automated line: 1-866-270-6561  Pay in person. The Court Clerk’s counter only accepts cash, check or money order; no card … Continued

How do I pay a ticket?

Effective January 2, 2019 the City of Ruston Court moved to the Fircrest Municipal Court located at 115 Ramsdell Street Fircrest WA 98466 If you received a ticket from the City of Ruston, maintain your case number and contact Fircrest at (253) 564-8922. All Ruston  court related matters including past payment plans and court hearings … Continued

How do I dispute a ticket?

Contact the Court clerk’s office at the City of Fircrest (253) 564-8922. More information on the new Court at Fircrest here.

How do I find out about delinquent property tax?

Contact the Pierce County Assessor’s office for information regarding your current property tax status, please call the Automated Tax and Value Information System at (253) 798-3333 or the Pierce County Assessor-Treasurer Customer Service Hotline at (253) 798-6111.

What is the sales tax in the city?

The combined sales tax rate for Ruston, WA is 9.9%. This is the total of state, county and city sales tax rates. The Washington state sales tax rate is currently 6.5%. The Pierce County sales tax rate is 0%.

How do I pay my Business and Occupation taxes?

You can drop off a payment into the City’s dropbox or send it by mail. Make check payments out to the City of Ruston and send your B&O Tax form and payment to 5219 N Shirley Street Ruston WA 98407. For more information about B&O Taxes and deadlines visit the City Clerk page.

How do I pay my sewage bill?

Your sewage bill will be included in your monthly utility bill. You can pay your utility bill online with Xpress bill pay.  Set up an account online at https://www.xpressbillpay.com/#/ . The City of Ruston can not accept card payments in person or over the phone, but you can always drop off a cash or check payment  at … Continued

How do I pay my water bill?

Contact Tacoma Water at (253) 502-8600 to pay your water bill. If you have any questions about water services visit the Frequently Asked Questions on their website. 

Close window