Utility Services

City Provided Utilities (Power, Sewer, and Garbage)

Please contact the Utility Clerk at utilityclerk@rustonwa.org  regarding any utility billing questions or concerns.

Tacoma Water

Questions regarding your water service should be directed to Tacoma Water.  The number for billing questions is (253) 502-8600, and the number for problems with your service is (253) 502-8384.

If you have natural gas service you will want to contact Puget Sound Energy at  (888) 225-5773 to set up an account and pay your bill. Visit their website here.

You can pay your utility bill online with Xpress bill pay.  Set up an account online at https://www.xpressbillpay.com/#/ . The City of Ruston can not accept card payments in person, but you can always drop off a cash or check payment  at City Hall, 5117 N Winnifred Street Ruston WA 98407. If you have any utility billing questions please contact the Utility Clerk at (253) 759-3544 ext 2.

You will need to complete a utility change of occupancy form (here) and submit a  $200 deposit (required) for all new utility accounts. Payment must be made in check and delivered or mailed to 5117 N Winnifred Street Ruston, WA  98407. For further questions please contact the utility clerk at (253) 759-3544 ext 2 or email at utilityclerk@rustonwa.org

The City of Ruston purchases power from our neighbor Tacoma Power.  When Tacoma Power increases their rates, the City of Ruston will apply those changes. Effective April 1, 2018 the increase went from $0.0872 per kilowatt/hour to $0.092 per kilowatt/hour. This change results in a minimum customer charge between $13.50 per month to $16.50 per month. The electric rate change has been passed through Ordinance 1494.

Power, sewer and garbage services will be billed together on your utility bill.

Garbage & Sanitation Service Request Form

Use the form below to request or upgrade your current refuse service. You may also submit this form if you a requesting a missed service to your address. Please contact the Utility Department directly for any changes regarding electric utility.

  • Choose One * Required
  • I/We would like to make the following changes
    Please select one of the following:
  • Provide any other additional information or requests here (such as the current size of your refuse receptacles or if you need to add yard waste etc)
Close window